Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blowout!!

There I am driving along the motorway (slower than normal) on the phone to mum asking if she can hear the horrible noise my car is making when ....... bam!

My passenger wheel explodes!

And really that isn't an exaggeration, when i managed to get to the hard shoulder out the passenger door it was smoking and stunk of burning rubber.

Thankfully i wasn't driving too fast when it happened and the motorway was practically dead as I dread to think what could have happened! I shudder to think to be honest. When i set off this morning the car just didn't feel right at all, the steering was all over the place and soon the steering wheel was begining to vibrate! thank god for the RAC breakdown cover that i had - guy was there in 30mins so couldn't really fault the service.
He managed to get my spare tyre on which he had to swap and put on the back and the back on the front - different sizes and something to do with gear box knowing that!
So off i drove to mums - called into work to say would take today off and get the car and myself sorted.

So almost £200 later I am now finally home safe and sound in Edinburgh eating Ben & Jerry Ice cream to cheer me up.
I had to replace not only the passenger wheel but my front divers side was worn and bald so was advised to replace that one as well =( Then i remember that one of my headlight bulbs had blown so had to get that fixed at halfords.
And lastly to top it all off - i fell in the Tesco car park and skint my knee!! I swear this is the shitiest day for me ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~x~

1 comment:

Oblibby said...

You poor thing (although I must admit the image of you falling in Tesco car park made me giggle). I nearly fell down the stairs last night cos of piggy neighbours - but will tell all when I see you.

Hope everything's fine now and your knee's not to sore.

Lisa xoxo