Friday, August 17, 2007

I've got crutches!!!

Ok guess you are wondering why?
Broken leg?
Broken ankle?
Damaged something?

Well I havent broken anything though by the pain I wish I had!!!
I have done some serious tissue damage to my foot just need my ankle bone!

Was walking down the stairs at work and went over on my ankle and down the next step to the landing (I was carrying a cup of hot water at the time and spilled it on my hand when I did it, but thankfully its ok!)
Did this about 10am and just worked through the day without any problems, until I went for lunch. It started to get sore and when I was sitting in the canteen I was getting restless and it was hurting no matter what position I had my foot. When I was walking back to the office I stated limping as I was getting unable to weight on my foot as the pain was getting excruciating!
Was hobbling about the office when I asked J to ask T who the first aid person was to see if they had a ice pack as the heat coming off it was unreal! I hobbled to the bathroom then hobbled back to see T in the office looking at as if to say "OMG what have you done?!".

Basically to cut a really long story short T drove me to Stobhill Hospital in my car, was seen in about 10mins of waiting in Casualty. Took to minor injury unit where the guy examined my foot - I almost hit the roof when he pressed on the sore bits, said that my ankle was fine and hadn't broken that but might have broken some of the little bones in my foot - X-ray didn't show anything broken, which I don't know if was disappointed with or not lol.

Got tubigrip and crutches and sent home with strong ibuprofrn painkillers and that was that!

T had to drive me home in my car so it would be home with me and not abandoned in Kilsyth, she got her dad to follow us through so she could get back home.

So yeah that was my big adventure yesterday afternoon! L came over last night to look after me (sweet) - got him to take me to Tesco so I could get some paracetamol and test out the crutches. God they are hard work to use!! My arms and hands are killing me today.

Not sure how long I will be unable to drive for and how long it will take to heal. Will be off work for at least a week I would reckon, but going to see if can get appointment with Dr Mon/Tue to see what the deal is.

~x~

No comments: